Anna Reynolds on Popsy
Beverley Gould on Wurzel
Pauline Parker on Delius
Lex Merrick on Buzz
Beverley Gould with Wurzel
Sam Tutty on Bug
Sian Harman and Lucy
Hilary Stratton and George
Sue Ruddock and Malty May
Competitors at Spring Show
Events and schedules
We are always pleased for people to come forward and represent the club at area competitions. Horses are required to have an up-to-date flu vaccination certificate — please see the vaccination checker procedure (PDF) and injection date checklist (PDF). If you’d like to have a go or would like to find out more details then please contact the team managers.
This document will give riders an idea about what is involved at BRC competitions regarding heights, tests and horse eligibility.
Hats and body protectors will be checked at all Area Qualifiers in 2013. See the following documents for more information:
Hat guidelines update
The European Commission has made changes to the EN1384 hat standard (this also includes BSEN1384) and it will no longer be recognised as an acceptable standard for riding hats in the UK. However, in order to phase out the use of EN1384 and/or BSEN1384 hat standards, the BRC 2015/2016 hat rules will be changed as follows:
- There will be no changes to the accepted hat standards for 2015 and hats will continue to be tagged with the BRC blue hat tags.
- However, from 1 January 2016, ALL hats must be checked and tagged with a new ORANGE BRC hat tag. All hats which only meet the standard EN1384 or BSEN1384, and do not comply with another standard off the above list, WILL NOT be accepted and therefore will not be permitted for any BRC competition. Hats which bear EN1384 or BSEN1384 along with another standard from the above list will be tagged. For example, BSEN1384 & PAS015 (1998 or 2011) along with the Kite mark, would be acceptable, but not BSEN1384 on its own.
- From 1 January 2016, no hats with a peak of any description will be permitted for the XC phase of any BRC competition. Hat covers and silks will be permitted.
Please see the following documents:
- 2015 BRC Hat Rules (PDF)
- Press statement: European riding helmet standard withdrawn (PDF)
- Consumer FAQs (PDF)
Clinics are arranged throughout the year and members will be notified of these by email.
Simon Nicholson, experienced show jumper, teaches all levels at Lower Farm, Duns Tew (on a rubber surface) roughly every two weeks, over a grid or a course. Lessons are £35/hour for an individual lesson, £20/hour for a shared lesson, or £25 for an individual 30-minute lesson. Details are sent out reguarly but if you would like to know more please contact Pauline on pauline@springfarm[REMOVE-THIS-BIT].me.uk or view a flyer.
- BRC Qualifier
- BRC Championship
- Area 5 Points Comp
Dates for your diary
- 28 January Showing Jumping — MM
- 4 February Junior Winter Novice Dressage at Moreton Morrell
- 11 February Senior Winter Novice Dressage at Moreton Morrell
- 18 February Junior Novice SJ at Solihull
- 19 February Senior Novice SJ at Solihull
- 11 March Junior Intermediate Dressage at Moreton Morrell
- 12 March Senior Intermediate Dressage at Moreton Morrell
- 26 March Eventer Challenge at Swalcliffe
- 1 & 2 April Novice Winter Champs
- 9 April Dressage, Show & Style Jumping at Adelstone
- 23 April Dressage at Tackley Horse Show. See the times (PDF)
- 30 April Intermediate Champs
- 7 May Horse Trials at Moreton Morrell
- 20 & 21 May Festival of the Horse Champs
- 27 & 28 May May 2DE at Stoneleigh
- 12 June Horse Trials Qualifier at Solihull
- 1 July Junior Dressage at Stoneleigh
- 2 July Senior Dressage at Stoneleigh
- 29 July Junior Show Jumping at Solihull
- 30 July Senior Show Jumping at Solihull
- 4 to 6 August Horse Trials Champs
- 13 August Dressage to Music at Moreton Morrell
- 2 & 3 September Dressage & SJ Champs
- 7 September Eventer Challenge at Blenheim
- 24 September Horse Trials at Moreton Morrell
- 29 September to 1 October Dressage to Music Champs
Please contact Felicity if you would like to enter any of the competitions.
You must be a member of Oxford Riding Club to take part in our social rides. To join up simply download a membership form (PDF).